Namecheap is primarily a domain registrar, but it has expanded to more services that can cater to your online and web building needs.
Founded in 2000, it offers a myriad of services such as hosting, new domains, TLD domains, domain transfer, plus WordPress support and integration.
Here, we will be taking a look at the services that you can get from Namecheap and help you decide if this is a good investment.
There are many services that you can enjoy from this area. These are:
• Search – this is a functionality that allows you to search whether the domain name you want is still available or if it is for sale.
The benefit it does for you is that you can search for a domain name first before you even register your business name to ensure there is uniformity between the two.
• Transfer – if you already have a domain name, but you are not satisfied with the service, you can transfer your domain name here. Namecheap will be accountable for the hosting and maintenance of this domain.
• New TLDs – there was a time when all domains just end with .COM, .NET, and .ORG. Today, there are many others like .ACCOUNTANT, .BIKE, and so much more. These are called Top Level Domains, and you can buy them from Namecheap.
• Marketplace – this is the area where you can buy and sell domain names. A domain name is like real estate. There is only one person who can possible own and use a unique domain name.
This creates a demand for those who want to use a particular name, so they have to pay a higher price. There are many businesses that buy and sell domain names, and they make a huge profit off it.
• Whois Lookup – in this feature, you can find out who owns a particular domain name. This is beneficial if you want to use one, but it is already owned by another person. You can contact that person, or Namecheap can do it for you, so you can haggle for a price and own that domain name.
Namecheap does not only sell and maintain domain names, but they also host websites. You can choose from several types, and this decision will depend on the size of your expected traffic.
• Shared – great for beginners or those who do not expect huge traffic.
• WordPress – dedicated to those who use WordPress as their site builder
• VPS – a virtual private server where you do not have your own hardware. The servers are shared between you and other enterprise accounts
• Dedicated – the servers work only for you, and you will enjoy faster bandwidth and better uptime
Namecheap also offers several other services in hosting such as clearance servers, migration, website builder, and email hosting services.
Namecheap has some security features that you can buy separately or with the other packages.
An example of this is the SSL Certificate, which shows your site visitors that your website is encrypted. This adds credibility to your website and makes it safe to give out personal information such as their email addresses.
You can also get Premium DNS, which you can get for as low as $5 per year. DNS is like a directory of the internet.
This makes it easy for devices to find internet addresses. With this premium service, you can rest assured that people will find your domain name easier, and not get errors like “this website cannot be found”.
Namecheap is an all-in-one web services provider as far as hosting, and domains are concerned. What’s great about it is that you can transfer your existing domains and website files to them, making your website sit on one reliable host.