Hostgator is one of the most top-notch hosting service providers. It stands toe-to-toe with current giants in the web hosting industry such as Bluehost and GoDaddy.
What makes Hostgator hosting plans ideal is that you can start subscribing for a hosting service for as little as $2.75 per month, which is significantly less than what a person earns in an hour.
But what services can you get from the different plans? Let us take a look and help you decide which one is the best for your needs.
Gator Website Builder – Starts at $3.84 per Month
The Gator Website Builder is a great choice for those who are just starting out.
There are three tiers in this plan:
- Starter – this one costs $3.84 per month, and you will be able to build a functional website from its drop-and-drag software.
It comes with a domain name, an analytics tool that shows your website’s performance, free SSL certificate, and 24/7 customer support. You can also use customizable website templates to make your web-building efforts easier.
- Premium – the cost for this package is $5.99 a month. Here, you will get everything from the starter pack, but you will also get priority support.
- eCommerce – if you are building a website to sell products, this is the package you must get. It will cost you $9.22 per month. All the services in the Starter and Premium packages are available to you, and you can use the website to charge money from your customers.
Managed WordPress – Starts at $5.95 per Month
If you want to build your website using WordPress, but you want a different host that offers 2.5X the speed and performance, The Hostgator hosting plans you must get are the ones in this group.
It also has three tiers:
- Starter – at $5.95 per month, you will be able to host one website from WordPress, get up to 100 thousand site visitors a month, 1 GB of space to back-up your data, and a free SSL certificate.
- Standard – here, you will get all the Starter services, but everything else is doubled. The cost is $7.95 per month. It is best if you are expecting heavy traffic.
- Business – in this plan, you can integrate three WP sites, 500 thousand visitors per month, and 3 GB of space to back-up your data for $9.95 per month.
VPS Hosting – Starts at $29.95 per Month
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. Instead of buying your own servers and putting them in your physical facility, you can pay Hostgator to do it for you.
You do not have to buy these machines on your own, but you will be paying for the services of these machines, and these are shared with other people who also subscribe to the same service.
This is only an option for website owners who have massive traffic daily, like news websites and big e-commerce stores.
This one also has three tiers:
- Snappy 2000 – this comes at $29.95 per month, and you will get 2 GB of RAM, 2 Cores for CPU, 120 GB of disk space, and 1,5 TB of bandwidth.
- Snappy 4000 – at $39.95 per month, you will double the RAM, 2 Cores of CPU, 165 GB in disk space, and whopping 2TB of bandwidth.
- Snappy 8000 – for this, you will pay $49.95 per month, and you will get 8 GB RAM, 4 Cores for CPU, 240 GB disk space, and 3 TB bandwidth.
Dedicated Server Hosting – Starts at $118.99 per Month
The last set of plans is called Dedicated Server Hosting. These plans are for business people who need their server machines but do not want the hassle of buying and maintaining them.
Dedicated server hosting is similar to VPS hosting, but the servers are dedicated to you only. Giving you the most powerful and fastest hosting service you can get.
These type of hosting plans range between $118.99 and $148.98 a month.
If you are a small business or a blogger, the best plan to get is the Website Builder. For WordPress enthusiasts, get WordPress plans. The services are similar, but your website will be built on WP.
If you are a medium-sized business that has a lot of monthly traffic, like millions, you are better off with either the VPS or the Dedicated Server Plans.
(HostGator coupon code: angiespennydeal)